AMERICA’S GATE COMPANY
America’s Gate Company builds over 1,000 slide gates and over 4,000 swing gates every year, each fabricated to our customers’ individual needs. Whether you need a 150’ long slide gate or a 4,000 pound ornamental decorative slide gate — one capable of protecting a sophisticated data center — or even a simple swing gate to put in one’s backyard, our highly trained professionals have you covered. America’s Gate Company has access to 10 fabrication facilities and employs whole steams of computer aided designers as well as certified welders. The design is to be determined by your needs and imagination. We can create any gate you could imagine with our welders’ AWS D1.1 and AWS D1.2 certifications — chain link gates, custom ornamental security gates, the options are endless!
Our staff at America’s Gate Company has experience in every type of residential, commercial, and industrial gate out there. Our handiwork can be found everywhere from Disney World to Hershey Park to Atlantic City, even Las Vegas! We’ve also added security to data centers across the nation — not to mention military bases, power plants, and some top secret high security facilities not up for disclosure!
THE ONLY CHOICE FOR CUSTOM GATES IN CEDAR RAPIDS, IA
There are many reputable gate manufacturers and lots of small custom metals shops that you can choose from. America’s Gate Company is the only national custom metals gate manufacturer. America’s Gate uses engineered tried-and-true structural principles while incorporating your custom design.
The most widely specified and utilized engineered gate is the slide gate. The slide gate may refer to many different designs, from a rolling gate with a V-groove bottom roller to an overhead slide gate. If your property encounters snow and ice, the most widely used and specified gate is a cantilever slide gate. Cantilever gates use a series of stationery rollers to support the gate’s tail (or counterbalance section) while the gate’s opening remains cantilevered and extended through the opening.
The America’s Gate Slide Cantilever Gates (Citadel, Bastion, and Allure series) are systems designed for use in residential, commercial and industrial installations. With thousands of gates installed all over the United States, America’s Gate systems have been rigorously tested and are suitable for use in all weather, continuous duty applications.
- Openings – America’s Gate will design and manufacture gates that exceed openings greater than one hundred feet.
- Height – The gate height possibilities are endless.
- Weight – Most chain link, estate and ornamental slide gate weights are fully within the engineered design. It is custom ornamental gates with unique sheet steel designs and heavy adornments that create a challenge. We engineer each gate’s structural design and truss system relative to the added weight.
- Infill – Every slide gate design is similar relative to supporting the gate through the opening. The infill is what makes each gate unique. From chain link, vertical pickets, welded wire mesh and plasma cut sheet steel designs, we can make your ideal gate.
- Engineering – Once the opening, infill and height are selected, we engineer the gate design to support the cantilevered slide or swing gate. We believe gates should be “wheel-free.” This means the gate is supported and relies solely on its hinge points or rollers. No wheels are placed on the nose of the gate to support the weight.
- Finish – All of our gates receive a pre-coated treatment ranging from chemical to sand blasted. Our finish coating ranges from powder coating to an HVLP painting process. All of our coating processes have a 20 year limited warranty.
- Material composition – Our materials are fabricated from aluminum alloy extrusions for light weight and durability
QUALITY CONTROL PROCESS
America’s Gate Company promises to provide only the highest quality residential, commercial and industrial cantilever slide and swing gates to our customers. Our 50,000 square foot facility is equipped with mock installation sites, so our large gates with structural challenges are field tested prior to delivery. We test, tighten and retest so that the gate is true and level.
We have a rigorous quality control program that oversees our fabrication process. This includes the use of pre-qualified weld procedures in accordance with AWS D1.1 & D1.2. America’s Gate also employs several G6 all position certified welders. America’s Gate has a pre and post check process where every dimension is pre-checked against cut materials and post-checked after fabrication.
When you want the finest gates the industry has to offer, look no further than America’s Gate Company. With over 55 years of experience in the fence industry and serving the Midwest with 10 convenient locations, we have become one of the nation’s most trusted resources for quality fence gates for everything from chain link construction gates to decorative residential gates to commercial slide gates and everything in between.
Our custom fabrication shop can create any gate in any style, shape or size using your choice of materials. We also have a wide selection of ready-made gates for sale in addition to our custom gate services.
We invite you to browse our website to download specs, CAD files and view our gallery for examples and more information about our gates. Contact us for any additional information you need or use our convenient online form to request a FREE quote for your next gate project.